Search Box

Otavio's Record Transfer to Al-Nassr Amid Saudi Sports Investment

 Otavio's Record Transfer to Al-Nassr Amid Saudi Sports Investment

Otavio's Record Transfer to Al-Nassr
Otavio's Record Transfer to Al-Nassr(Image-Getty)

Porto's Portuguese midfielder, Otavio, has officially transferred to Al-Nassr, a prominent club in the Saudi Pro League. This transition was confirmed by the club on Tuesday. Although the exact financial details remain undisclosed by the club, reports from local media suggest that the transfer amounted to 60 million euros ($65.08 million).

Throughout his tenure with Porto since 2014, Otavio, now 28 years old, showcased his skills and prowess by scoring an impressive total of 31 goals in 283 matches across various competitions. His departure from Porto marks a significant change in his career trajectory.

Al-Nassr celebrated their latest acquisition with a heartfelt message on the messaging platform X (formerly known as Twitter), declaring Otavio as the "Portuguese Star" and extending a warm welcome to him. This signing bolsters the squad, which already boasts notable names like Cristiano Ronaldo, Sadio Mane, Marcelo Brozovic, Alex Telles, and Seko Fofana.

The move comes at a time when Al-Nassr is grappling with a difficult start to the Pro League season, suffering defeats in their initial two matches. Despite this, the club is making strategic investments to strengthen their position.

Additionally, the Saudi Public Investment Fund (PIF) has announced an ambitious initiative known as the Sports Clubs Investment and Privatisation Project. This venture involves league champions Al-Ittihad, Al-Ahli, Al-Nassr, and Al-Hilal. PIF commands a substantial ownership share of 75% in each of these four clubs, while the remaining 25% is owned by their respective non-profit foundations. This project signifies a significant step in the evolution of sports investment and ownership in the region.

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url